19 February 2012

Recipe - "Spicy Ricey"



Hey guys! After one of the most busiest weeks of the year in the hospitality industry (Which will be the case next week too - thank you, Daytona!), I'm finally back on track and ready to blog my little heart out!

I'll update y'all - and probably make an Instagram compilation post a little later, but for now, I wanna introduce you guys to one of the meals that's become quite the staple in our happily meatless home over the last few weeks. It's nothing extravagant, but it sure does taste good! I'm hoping that one day soon, I can have the time available to make a homemade version of this dish; with real tomatoes, jalapeƱos and brown rice instead of rice. But for now - and the convenience - here's what I got.

2 packets of Success Boil-In-Bag Rice
2 cans Rotel tomatoes
2 cups fresh broccoli - steamed

All I do is put the two packets of rice into a huge microwave safe bowl, let it boil ten minutes (I usually end up having to leave it in a few minutes longer, if I cook with brown rice!), meanwhile steaming the fresh broccoli florets. Then I combine them (and a little tiny bit of water, like a tablespoon or less!) in a wok or thick frying pan on the stove and add the Rotel tomatoes; covering it for five minutes so that the juices from the tomatoes can seep into the rice, for ultimate flavor.

THAT'S IT!

When we cook it, it usually feeds our tiny family of 3 pretty well, so saying it serves 4 is probably a bit of an understatement. Nevertheless, it's delicious! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment