30 December 2011



So many things happened and so many things changed, that I don't even know where to begin.

We hit a few milestones this year. I hit the double 2's, Papa made it to legal drinking age, Kiri had a lucky 11-11-11 birthday, we visited Paris (birthday party-style), another anniversary down. Kiri officially agraduated her tomboy stage and accepted Barbie dolls and has INSISTED we start calling her "Princess Kiwi"! We donated to charity, shopped locally (for the most part), I started working full-time (after a three year hiatus!) and we bought a hybrid car. PLUS, the whopper, we relocated two hundred miles across Florida to the beautiful history-packed tourist favorite, Saint Augustine Beach!

2011, you brought craziness, drama and an uphill battle that even I didn't think I'd overcome. But while bringing a whole load of chaos, you seemed to unknowingly point me in a new direction, where I ended up finding my place of happiness. Both physically and emotionally. You really found the ugly in a lot of people. Especially when it came to family and close friends. People let us down, screwed us over and showed their true colors in the absolute worst way possible. It's truly a shame to admit, but a lot of ties were cut and bridges burnt. You also brought truth; something I reluctantly accepted and moved forward from. Even when you slapped a hand of reality across my face, it somehow worked itself out for the better. Plus, you taught me to be one tough bitch. And to not accept anything less than what I deserve. Two thumbs up for that, no doubt.

And despite the hundred of bitches and complaints I've probably issued over the past 365 days, I can honestly say, it hasn't been too bad of a year. And I definitely think I lived up to the goals I set for myself this time last year (here); which leaves me extremely excited to see what 2012 has in store for us.

Meanwhile, back to writing my new year's resolutions....

No comments:

Post a Comment