09 January 2012

Congrats To My Mister.



There is not a day that goes by that I don't sit back and thank my lucky stars for what I have. I know, like all people, I have my days where I bitch and moan about life and it's aggravating hurdles. But for the most part, I'm pretty fucking satisfied with my situation. I mean, look at them. What's to complain about?!

And just when I think I couldn't love them any more than I already do, Papa lays another one on me. He got another job. This would be his THIRD. Not that being in the military, working full time at a supermarket, going to school part-time, being a husband and father aren't enough. He goes and tacks on working part-time at a hotel to it. Why, you ask? (Because let's face it, even I am questioning his motives! He already does SO much!) He looks at me and says, "Because I love working. Plus, it means I can give you and Punky a better life." Need I remind you this kid JUST finished the police academy in Tampa?!

 He's always worked so hard. It's hard to fathom the amount of stress and pressure HE has on his back---even being a full time working mama. I mean, let's look at the facts. He's only twenty-one years old. He began working at fifteen and hasn't stopped since. He was in the Army and a father before he graduated high school. He's a leader, a builder and my hero. He's there when Kiri needs teaching and my support system when I have a bad day. I'll never know how he does it or where he gets the strength. I'm knocked out after working 40+ hours a week, taking college classes and parenting. I couldn't even imagine adding that to two more jobs and a whiney wife. My woes don't even begin to compare. 

What is his reasoning for all of it? Us. We have dreams about owning a home here in Saint Augustine and planting roots for years to come. And he is making sure that happens. With his three incomes, his education funding and my full-time job, we're well above where we need to be financially and it looks like we'll make it there quicker than expected. All because of the motivation and drive of the guy above. And what do I have to say to this big hunk of man?

"I love you, sir. I love your kind heart, smart brain and good soul. I appreciate every little thing you say and do and hope that you always, always remember that. Thank you for sacrificing your time, sleep and energy to ensure we make it in life. You inspire me to push harder, move forward and go above and beyond my means to be even remotely close to your level. I'm so proud of you and will never, ever stop taking pride in who you are. Always and forever, babe."

2 comments:

  1. Bop is amazing! I love hearing that you're all doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate! I really appreciate your support!

    ReplyDelete